Thursday 29 December 2016

In film, pt. 2

This is part 2 of a 2 part series featuring my film work between 2014 and 2016. To see part 1, click here.

I've always loved landscapes and scenic work. It's some of the first stuff I started messing around with when it comes to my "photographic journey" if you want to call it that. It seems only natural it was some of the first stuff I started shooting on film.

This post consists of some of the visuals I have come across during my time travelling across Canada. From British Columbia to Ontario, here's some things I've found.


A view from around Algonquin Provincial Park in the fall of 2014.


Banff, Spring 2016. Had to walk through some freezing knee deep water to get to a good point for this one. Shot on 120, still unsure about this crop though. 


St. Thomas Anglican Church, in Belleville Ontario, summer 2015. 


The bridge spanning the Bay of Quinte, in Belleville Ontario, summer 2015. 


Canmore, Alberta. Spring, 2015 on my way back east. Woke up early in Banff to make sure I got this beauty magic hour lighting.


Cathedral Grove, Spring 2015. A short visit to the island, but a productive one. I've always loved that trees can seemingly regenerate from their old husks. 


Goldstream Falls, just outside of Victoria British Columbia, spring 2015. My short island tour took me from the far western portions of Vancouver Island, to the far south in a span of three days.


Highway 6, between Regina and Southey, Saskatchewan. After torrential rainfall in the spring of 2015, a few portions of this particular section of highway appear to be miniature lakes. I feel for whoever owns these buildings; in the last few years I haven't seen any changes in this particular scene.


From water damage, to fire damage. This was somewhere along highway 17 in Ontario in the spring of 2015. Just outside Dryden, if my memory serves correct. 


Lake Minnewanaka, in Banff, Alberta. Spring 2016, while moving between St. Catharines and Penticton. 


Saw this while visiting Alyssa Lloyd in Bancroft, Ontario, spring 2015. She's got a hell of a view to look at every day!


Long Beach, British Columbia, spring 2015. Long Beach is just outside of Tofino, my favorite place I've ever visited. I do miss that salt air.


Johnston Falls, Alberta, spring 2015. These falls are west of Banff. Some of the coolest and freshest looking water ever. Pure glacial run off. 


I think this is around the Killarney Park area in Ontario, in the spring of 2015. Took the scenic route through Ontario on my way back east; skipped all that horrible Toronto traffic by doing so.


Highway 62, between Belleville and Bancroft, in the spring of 2015. The last leg of my epic solo journey.



The northern portion of Okanagan Lake. This was my last stop in the Okanagan heading east back to Belleville in the spring of 2015. 


The southern portion of Okanagan Lake. The homeland, Penticton British Columbia, spring 2015. 


An orchid, in the Cathedral Grove forrest in the spring of 2015. Testing the detail of my TLR.


The Penticton Herald office, in Penticton British Columbia, where I spent three and a half weeks or so as an intern. I learned a lot in my brief stint here; and I continue to learn at my new job in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.


Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, in the spring of 2015. Mountains are amazing. I went quite a bit off the beaten trail to make this one. Saw a few bears on the road down to the trail I found - had to make sure I was quick here! 


The Rogers Pass, in the spring of 2015. Pretty much 100% guarantee I am stopping for a smoke break at this point. 


Sandbanks Provincial Park, Ontario, Summer 2015. I only made three visits to Sandbanks. I'm glad I brought a camera along all three times. 


Penticton Indian Band lands, British Columbia spring 2015. Water is one of my favourite subjects.


Snake Falls, Ontario, Spring 2015. These little rapids / falls caught my eye on the highway driving through Ontario. I believe they're before Sault Ste Marie.


A rock stack at Flinton Falls, in Ontario, fall 2014. 


Wikaninnish, British Columbia, spring 2015. Another one of those magical stops outside of Tofino.


A winery, en route to Naramata from Penticton in British Columbia, spring 2015. 

Until I get a few more rolls developed, that's all for now folks. Thanks for reading and checking out my photos! I'm excited to be working with film; the next step for me is to learn how to develop my own work, and then perhaps I will be able to post more consistently! 

Watch for my upcoming "Sweet 16 for 2016" post, which will be 16 of my best from the last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment