Saturday 18 October 2014

The Hometown Adventure

For a little bit more background about myself, I was born on Vancouver Island, where I lived until the age of 13 when my family made the move to Regina, Saskatchewan. 

Since that move in 2005 I have been able to go back and visit my hometown a grand total of two times. I brought my camera along with me to document some of the things I grew up seeing. 

On two of the four days I made the hike up to Heart Lake. It is a quiet, and beautiful spot to relax and get away from everything. It's quite the hike up to the lake but it's certainly worth it.



Who makes these crazy little things?



Greeting you early on in the trail is this little brook. Cross it for a harder trek.


The first trip up myself and my little brother Andrew were surrounded by clouds.



Found a number of these guys on the way up.


You've almost made it. It was such a relief to see this sign on both trips up...


And then you see this.. This was from the second trek up with Spenser. 



 Look real close, you might just see him. We debated getting closer but as we started packing it flew off. 


When I wasn't hiking, I was waiting for the rain to let up to try and skate around. When that didn't happen I decided to explore the town and see what I could see. 



Strange little place, Ladysmith is. Love it though!



A tunnel the town built to Transfer Beach underneath the Trans Canada Highway in Ladysmith. 



Aaaand a detail shot of it. 

Growing up I had logging roads just beyond my back yard fence so I'd always wander out and explore them. On my last day in town I got a chance to do it again, and I jumped at it.


Breaking out the fisheye again.


 Look up. You'll be amazed at what we miss out on.






No comments:

Post a Comment